For lovers of great music, food and fine wine, Rhythm and Vines Weekend at The Twelve hits all the right notes 22nd and 23rd November
The Twelve’s new and very successful‘Rhythm and Vines Weekend returns in November, bringing together all the finest wine tasting notes and musical notes in an eclectic weekend which, like any good indie festival and everything they do at The Twelve, is a showcase for the best of everything alternative, with an independent, non-mainstream ethos.Indie Food and Wine Weekend at The Twelve focuses on giving independent wines centre stage, shining the spotlight on wines selected by Fergus O’Halloran, The Twelve’s general manager and sommelier extraordinaire, with an emphasis on some smaller Italian wineries which he imports wine from personally a number of times a year.Wine and music have so much in common – the notes in a glass of wine or piece of music can inspire intense emotion, stimulate happiness or even joy, or simply fade into a pleasant background. During Indie Wine Weekend at The Twelve you get to put the theories that our perception of wine can be deeply influenced by music playing in the background to the test.On Saturday afternoon you’ll visit a bijou version of a Body & Soul festival upstairs at The Twelve in Na Beanna Beola, with tastings from The Twelve Apostles – Galway’s Rock Stars, mini-treatments from the fabulous Voya, and a Silent Disco wine tasting.The Silent Disco tasting will involve some interesting wines, exclusive in Ireland and sourced independently by The Twelve, being paired with music selected by Daragh Dukes of Dukes Productions to enhance, amplify, and maybe even confuse! Your active participation will be required, but there’s no actual dancing necessary– unless you really want to, of course…At dinner in West on Saturday night, Fergus will introduce more wines and West’s chefs will create a pairing menu celebrating the best of local ingredients, all accompanied by more music chosen to suit the wine and food choices, withplaylists also designed by Dukes Productions. Then make your way downstairs to the Pins Gastro bar which will feature home-grown live Indie bands from late tolater.Check out after the weekend having tried some interesting new wines and with a list of fantastic new music or ‘tasting notes’ to explore – and all after a luxurious break that didn’t involve a single wet-wipe or wellington boot… Weekends of independent wine and music at The Twelve’s ‘Rhythm and Vines’ Wine and Food Weekends are a little bit eclectic and a whole lot rock’n’roll!
Two nights B&B with an Access All Areas pass to the Silent Disco and Body & Soul event on Saturday afternoon, plus dinner in West with wines on Saturday night costs just €250 per person sharing.For locals and Day Trippers, a limited number of Day Passes are available:October 19th Saturday Afternoon - Open 2pm to 5pm – Wine, Body and Soul arena with Voya hand and head massages, local foods tasting and the silent wine pairing Ticket price €85 p.p.Saturday Night – Wine Dinner in West – 5great courses which sing of locality and seasonality paired with Indie Wines and music from Dukes Productions Ticket Price €75 pp. Bookings available from6pm to 9pm.Triple AAA Passes - ACCESS ALL AREAS PASS- Attend both events - €150 p.p.
Stay in touch on facebook/thetwelvehoteland www.thetwelvehotel.ieTheTwelve HotelBearnaTel:091 597000www.thetwelvehotel.ie
The Twelve Food Apostles include:
1. Galway Bay SeafoodsA family business, founded in 1950, fish and seafoodare their passion. Famous for providing the very best in seafood to homes andbusinesses across the West of Ireland.
2. Marty’s Mussels A family run business based in North Connemara, Marty has been growing mussels since 2000 in the crystal clear waters of Killary Harbour. Marty’s have their own purification plant, thus making them the freshest,tastiest mussels in Ireland.
3. James McGeoughs An award winning artisan butcher based in Oughterard, Co Galway specialising in fresh sausages, puddings, air dried lamb and pork and superb meats4. Beechlawn Organic Farm Producer and distributor of fully certified organic fruit and vegetables in Ballinasloe. Winner of the National Organic awards.
5. Stephen Gould A small grower of superb varieties of micro herbs and leaves based in Galway
6. Joe Gerilhy Joe is a renowned supplier of crab to the trade and his crabmeat features heavily on the Twelve’s menus.
7. Comharchunam Sliog Eisc Connemara Cho Based in Connemara, Alan supplies The Twelve with the freshest, juiciest scallops imaginable
8. Connemara Abalone An aquaculture company in Rossaveal that is 100% dedicated to the cultivation of abalone and speicialising in growing the premium Japanese species known as Ezo.
9. Blath naMara Máirtín O Conceanainn and his passionate team hand harvest edible seaweeds such as Dulse, Carrageen Moss, Sea Spaghetti, Pepper Dulse, Kombu, Kombu Royale, Atlantic Wakame & Sea Lettuce from the clean shores of the Aran Islands, Ireland.
10. Galway Hooker Beer A craft brewery based in the west of Ireland dedicated to the production of high quality, natural and full flavoured beers.
11. Solaris Organic Herbal Teas Jörg Müller and Karin Wieland are both fully qualified, practising Medical Herbalists based in Galway who have a living passion for growing and working with healing plants.
12. St. Tolas Cheese Ireland’smost sought after organic goats cheese is brought to you from the West of Ireland, near County Clare’s wild Atlantic coast. St. Tola’s Irish organic goat cheese has achieved exceptional critical acclaim since its launch over twenty-five years ago.
For further media information please contact: Karen Glackin Host PR Tel:01 855 8500 / 086 852 6886 Email:email@example.com